thumbnail

50 tips to become a better longboarder

50 tips from the same guy who made cardboard surfboards.


Surfing for me is purely for fun & I love the sense of play that comes with it. That said, hitting a plateau or feeling frustrated for any reason can really zap the fun out of it at times. I’ve gone through periods where my surfing has plateaued for years!

To help others get through those plateaus quicker, I thought it would be cool to share some of the knowledge I’ve gained from the 20+ years I’ve been surfing. So for the entire year (šŸ˜¬), I’ll be sharing one small tip each week that hopefully helps you learn just a little bit more about all things surfing (with a focus on longboarding), including:

- tips to improve your longboarding/surfing in general

- understanding the equipment you ride

- how to read waves & the ocean in general

- how to dial in on surf reports & forecasts to hit the best spots/swell windows

- random surf hacks

- & whatever else comes up over the course of the year

A bit ambitious of me? Yep. Setting myself up for failure? Possibly. But doable? Only one way to find out.

I’m actually doing it this way because I have tendency to go real hard on a project, completely wear myself out, and then not continue with it until months later. Or I tend to procrastinate for months on end and never start to begin with šŸ™ƒ. So instead, I’m trying out a different approach by doing small, bite-sized things & being consistent with it. It still feels a bit ambitious & daunting, but small steps over time can have a big impact. So let’s see what happens shall we?

If there’s anything in particular you’d like to learn more about, leave a comment below. As long as it has to do with surfing or the ocean, it’s fair game and I’ll do my best to include it.

And full disclaimer: I don’t claim to know everything or consider myself an expert on these things. I’m just another surfer sharing what I know (or what I think I know šŸ˜…) based on my own personal experiences and a life in brine. So take it as you will.

Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Site via Email

No Comments

Popular Posts