thumbnail

Kanoa Igarashi in the 2016 WSL Championship Tour

Kanoa Igarashi confirmed in the 2016 WSL Championship Tour

The 18-year-old surfer from Huntington Beach won the 2015 Mahalo Surf Eco Festival, in Brazil. Igarashi defeated Connor O'Leary in the final held at Praia da Tiririca, in Itacaré, and confirmed a golden spot among the elite of surfing.

"I can't believe what I'm feeling; this is amazing. It's the biggest win in my life and the best year of my life. I can't believe it; I'm so happy. Things are a lot better for me now," expressed Kanoa Igarashi.

The American surfer only sealed the deal with three minutes remaining in the final. Igarashi used his aerial skills and landed a full rotation air reverse scored at 7.40 points. Seconds later, he added a 7.57 for two airs in the same wave.

"There's a lot less pressure and less events, so I don't have to worry as much anymore. Now I can enjoy things a little more and relax, but I still want to do well in Maresias. I'm loving Brazil and I love being here, so I can't wait for Maresias too."

2015 Mahalo Surf Eco Festival | Final

1. Kanoa Igarashi (USA), 14.97
2. Connor O'Leary (AUS), 14.74


Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Site via Email

No Comments

Popular Posts